This is a recipe for an incredibly simple and festive red, white and blue 4th of July mini trifles dessert made with fresh strawberries.
It is absolutely blowing my mind right now that July 4th is coming up so soon. Can you believe that 2014 is already almost halfway over and done with? Time flies! I came up with this idea for the perfect dessert for any 4th of July BBQ that you might be attending. These trifles are just so fun, perfect for kids and adults alike, and an overall impressive recipe for 4th of July.
What I love most about trifles is that they are super easy, inexpensive, versatile and colorful to look at! You can easily double the recipe to make 8 mini trifles (since you will already will have more than enough cookies) or create one large trifle with the ingredients. Honestly, when it comes to the measurements for these, you don’t have to be exact. It’s basically just layering the ingredients to your liking. The amounts are up to you!
OK, go “4th” (ha ha) and make these pretty patriotic trifles for your 4th of July weekend festivities!
- 1 box of Pillsbury Blue Raspberry Premium Cookie Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled, cut into bite-size pieces
- Bake cookies according to package directions (you won't be using all of them for these trifles so if you want, you can make a half batch).
- Finely crumble cooled cookies with hands into medium bowl or directly into mini trifles (you can also use mason jars or small glasses).
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, place cream, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. (Just a few minutes with a stand mixer; it will take longer with a hand mixer.)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place strawberries in medium bowl; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar; mix gently.
- To assemble trifles, place a layer of crumbled blue cookies (measurements don't have to be exact) in bottom of each of 4 mini trifle dishes; press down to compact.
- Top each with equal parts of the strawberries and a few tablespoons of whipped cream. Repeat layers; top each with a single cut strawberry. (You will have whipped cream left over but can use it for so many things!)
- Store trifles in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve trifles the same day they are made for best results.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!