Key West Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa is perfect for summer, 4th of July, Labor Day or Memorial Day grilling: light, healthy and gluten free.
We had a great time celebrating Mr. Wishes birthday on Monday. We went out to dinner at our very favorite Italian restaurant that we always go to on special occasions, stuffed ourselves to the max (they even gave him a complimentary cannoli to help celebrate his birthday), and then we proceeded to go out for frozen yogurt afterward. Hey, ya gotta celebrate right when it comes to birthdays and we deserved to indulge after doing back-breaking work in our yard all day Saturday and Sunday…we are putting in a new patio and I’m so excited! I will share pictures when it’s complete (I even got to drive a Bobcat) :). We were fortunate enough to have four gracious, kindhearted friends help us tremendously all weekend. Thank you to Joe, Greg, Jill and J.P.! I’m so grateful to them for donating their time just out of the goodness of their hearts. This project would have taken 10 forevers without them. There’s still a bit of work left to do but the worst part is over!
This recipe for Key West Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa is perfect for the up and coming Labor Day holiday (can’t believe I’m even saying that), or any sunny summer day for that matter. It is an ultra juicy, flavor-packed grilled chicken dish with sweet mango salsa to top it all off. It’s so good and also LIGHT, which is nice for a healthy meal alternative. This summer has been so busy that we’ve hardly had time to grill out, but this was one of the better grilling meals we’ve had recently!
I bet it would also be good with this Mango, Pineapple and Cranberry Salsa over it!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (1-2 limes worth)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ jalapeno, seeded
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and pour mixture on top. Add jalapeno, squish to coat chicken in marinade, then refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 8 hours. Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, basting with the leftover marinade a few times as it grills. I served this over rice with the mango salsa over top.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. Spoon on top of the chicken.
Recipe source: chicken recipe adapted from allrecipes.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!