Iced Lemon Cookies are a great dessert for these warmer months and perfect for your Memorial Day gathering! This recipe is simple to make and delicious.
I have my good friend Lauren from Lauren Kelly Nutrition guest posting for me today while I’m away on vacation! I have been following her blog for a long time now and was so excited when she agreed to guest post for me. I am SO ready to try this cookie recipe she is sharing with us today! These cookies would be perfect to serve for dessert at your Memorial day cook out or picnic this coming up weekend! Her blog has tons of incredible recipes that taste ah-mazing and keep that waistline slim and trim. Make sure you swing by Lauren’s website to say hello!
Hello everyone. I am so honored to be a guest blogger for Ashley today. I am a huge fan of Ashley and all of her recipes! Here’s a little background on me… I am a recipe developer, food blogger and the staff Nutritionist at The Bar Method in Montclair, NJ where I offer workshops and individualized counseling. I have written two cookbooks which I am incredibly proud of, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook and The Greek Yogurt Cookbook. I’m happy to share my healthy and delicious recipes with all you.
OK, now onto these fabulous Iced Lemon Cookies! I don’t know about you, but I adore lemon. And lemon just reminds me of nice, spring weather. These cookies are gluten-free but can also be made with regular all purpose flour or even whole wheat flour. Either way, they are delicious.
I gave the option of making them healthier with coconut oil and honey, but if you don’t have those ingredients then you can easily use butter and sugar. The icing on these babies has just the right amount of lemon and sweetness. And who doesn’t love icing?
Thanks again, Lauren, for your guest post! Make sure to head on over to her blog and send her lots of love!
- I cup coconut flour (can use all-purpose flour)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk)
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter
- ⅓ cup honey or sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and zest until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk, coconut oil, honey and lemon juice until fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add flour mixture and put mixer on low until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat mat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool and prepare icing.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, zest and lemon juice until mixed well and pour icing on each cooled cookie.