Ham and Cheese Stromboli appetizer recipe is begging to be served at your next game day party or holiday gathering! Oozing with cheese, this snack could easily pass as a main course for dinner!
Amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it’s easy to forget about game day party food. Oh, and don’t forget there are plenty of girls who party it up for the big games on Monday nights! I don’t know a single girl (or any person, really) who would ever pass up this Ham and Cheese Stromboli appetizer paired with some amazing sparkling wine to enjoy while watching these football games together. Game day requires serious snacks and drinks – and game day food doesn’t always mean just dips!
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
I recently discovered Michelle Sparkling Wine and I have to say, it’s going to be difficult to ever go back to other brands of sparkling wine! It is hard to think of a beverage that would go better with this Ham and Cheese Stromboli…or any appetizer for that matter! It’s so affordable and my new go-to for sparkling wine.
Whichever variety of Michelle Sparkling Wine you choose to enjoy at your next game day party (Brut, Brut Rose or Extra Dry), you can guarantee it will be the perfect accompaniment to whatever food you decide to serve. Their sparkling wine is made from premium grapes sourced from Washington state’s Columbia Valley with the ideal balance of sunshine and cool evenings to help establish superior flavor and crisp acids.
The delicate flavors of apples and citrus and lively acidity of the Michelle Brut is simply delicious. My personal favorite is the Michelle Brut Rosé which is a tasty blush sparkling wine, with a lovely aroma and a positive first impression of berries in the nose and on the palate. The Rosé is dry with a soft and fruity aftertaste.
If you like a sweeter sparkling wine, you will love Michelle Extra Dry. It is extremely delicate, elegant and exposes flavors of apples and pears with an unrelenting column of bubbles.
I was in carb heaven with this Ham and Cheese Stromboli. Just take a good look at that oozing cheese and try to pass this up when it’s served at your next game day! I can also see this being served at Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, work potlucks, or other holiday parties. It’s so easy to make and can be put together in no time at all – it’s the same concept as my Pepperoni Pizza Bread which is always loved when served to company. Watch how fast this disappears!
- 1 roll refrigerated store bought pizza dough (or use your favorite homemade recipe)
- ¼ cup prepared honey mustard dressing, plus extra for dipping (optional)
- 7-8 oz. Deli Ham, sliced thin
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic powder
- Chopped fresh or dried parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto your greased baking sheet, spreading towards the edges and stretching into a large rectangle.
- Sprinkle garlic powder evenly over the surface of the dough. Spread honey mustard in a thin, even layer using a pastry brush.
- Evenly place the ham and cheese on top and then roll dough lengthwise folding in the sides as you go. Make sure it's sealed on the sides so the cheese doesn't all leak out.
- Sprinkle top with garlic powder, then make a couple slits into the top of the dough with a knife to allow heat to escape during cooking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top and cheese is melted. Serve with honey mustard for dipping, if desired. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Michelle. The opinions and text are all mine. - Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!