You will love this recipe that is a Mexican twist on chicken salad lightened up with Greek yogurt. Easy summer meal and no need to turn on the oven!
I know, I know. Here I go again with the Mexican food recipes. I’m an addict, I tell you! Any meal that gives me an excuse to whip up a batch of my favorite guacamole and I’m just gonna make it happen. The best Mexican food I ever had was on my trip to California last year, but since I’m on the other side of the country from California, I need to get my fix by making it at home once (or twice) a week!
My friend Jocelyn has an awesome blog called Inside BruCrew Life and I got the idea for this fiesta chicken salad from there – she is mostly a baking blog, but I have made more dinners from her site than I can count. This one did not fail to disappoint! I had the pleasure of meeting Jocelyn in person back in May at the BlogHer food conference in Miami. She’s super awesome! She even spoke at the conference.
My hubby and I ate this chicken salad for three days straight because it made so much. It actually tasted even better as time went on – something about those flavors coming together as it sat in the ‘fridge. This is so simple to make but the taste isn’t “simple” at all. Enjoy!
- 5 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1½ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (can use mayo)
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, and corn in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the Greek yogurt OR mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice in a food processor or blender (on pulse mode) and pulse until mixed together. Stir the mayonnaise into the chicken mixture until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours for the flavor to develop more.
- Serve on bread, in a pita, or in a wrap.
Recipe source: adapted from insidebrucrewlife.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!