Cranberry Pomegranate sangria with orange, apples, and lemons makes a festive drink recipe to toast the winter holidays. It’s perfect for any fall or winter holiday celebration.
I can hardly believe that it’s December already and that means that it is time to start thinking about Holiday party recipes! What better way to kick off December than with this winter holiday sangria?
It’s my pleasure to tell you about my blog friend, Heidi’s, new line of syrups and to give you the opportunity to win a gift basket! Heidi writes for the Young Grasshopper blog and she and her catering partner have created a line of flavored syrups, called Not So Simple Syrup. These syrups are perfect for cocktails, iced teas, lemonades, sangria, club soda, cakes…the possibilities are endless! You can even make your very own homemade soda! Heidi works with a local bottler and uses only the finest ingredients and personally taste-tests every batch.
Heidi is fond of cocktails and homemade simple syrups and wanted to create an all-natural product in a wide variety of delicious flavors that could be sold nationwide. Heidi has SO generously offered to send one lucky winner a gorgeous gift basket, including two bottles of her simple syrup (mint and cranberry), a super cute bar towel, a basket and a bow. You will love the taste of these Not So Simple Syrups. So far, I’ve tried mint, strawberry, and lemon and they all liven up any cocktail or non-alcoholic drink. They really come in handy for holiday parties! I made this amazing Cranberry Pomegranate Winter Sangria for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit I’m telling you – this is GOOD stuff!
Check out the Not So Simple Syrup website to see the full list of flavors and get some more recipe ideas there, as well. Make sure to enter the giveaway below for your chance to win the same gift basket from Heidi that I received!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of red wine (zinfandel or wine of choice)
- 4 cups of cranberry juice
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ¾ cup of cranberry simple syrup
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored, & sliced thin
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- ¾ cup of fresh cranberries
- sparkling water, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pitcher or bowl, taste and adjust flavors to your liking. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir before serving and transfer to pitchers or pour by the glass.
- Use a pair of tongs to extract some of the fruit for each glass, add ice to each glass, and fill glasses, leaving about an inch of free space at the top.
- For a fizzy sangria, top each glass off with a splash of sparkling water and lightly stir or just add it to the bowl/pitcher before serving (about 2 cups).
Disclaimer: Heidi gave me bottles of this syrup to try out and review and is mailing the prize to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own, as always.- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!