Island-inspired Coconut Banana Bread recipe is a tropical twist on traditional banana bread that you will love!
Banana bread is my go-to dish to bring when I’m bringing food somewhere. What I love most about it is that it can pass as breakfast, brunch, dessert….all of the above. I like to come up with different version of the typical banana bread recipes I have always made over and over again in the past. Now, there is nothing wrong with any type of banana bread in my book…but it’s nice to switch things up once in a while.
Just to name a few that I have made for my blog:
I hope you give this Coconut Banana Bread a try – it comes our perfectly every time!
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked/shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together the oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl using a wooden spoon. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- In another separate bowl, stir together the mashed banana and the coconut milk. Mix into the wet ingredients.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, alternatively. Begin and end with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined - do not overmix or bread will be too dense. Stir in the flaked coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth to make it even on both sides.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes (check at 1 hour). When a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean it is done.
Recipe source: recipe adapted from fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!