No Bake Chocolate Scotcheroos are sticky, chewy and chocolatey all in one. They are the perfect dessert for all occasions and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Another summer weekend gone. Did anyone do anything exciting? I’m still celebrating summer over here and what goes better with summer than a no-bake dessert recipe? Nothing…that’s what. It has officially reached the 90’s again and I have a rule for myself that I cannot turn on the oven when it’s this hot. Of course, refraining from making any sort of desserts is out of the question, so I must resort to no-bake goodies (have you tried these No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars yet?).
I brought these Chocolate Scotcheroos to a dinner party and there were a grand total of ZERO left over when I went to grab my plate at the end of the night. Who can resist crispy, creamy, gooey, and sweet all rolled into one dessert? Scotcheroos have been around since the stone age, so it’s not anything new, but they were new to me! The texture of these babies is just perfect and I love the butterscotch/peanut butter/chocolate combo. They are like a Rice Krispies Treat smothered in butterscotch and chocolate.
These are so SO scrumptious, but are not low cal by any stretch of the imagination. You have been forewarned. Also, I found out by accident that these are great if you put them in the freezer and then eat them after they have started to defrost. They taste like a frozen Snicker’s bar! Pour yourself a giant glass of cold milk and have yourself a Chocolate Scotcheroo.
- 1 and ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, and stir in Rice Krispies cereal.
- Transfer mixture into your well buttered 9x13 inch pan.
- Butter up your hands a little to prevent sticking and pat it down into pan until evenly distributed using your hands.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together until smooth. Evenly spread over top of bars and let bars cool. Cut into squares.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!