No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars recipe made up of a rich layer of melted chocolate and peanut butter on top of thick chocolate chip cookie dough. They are an egg-less dessert and no baking required!
I’m back from Boston and had a fantastic time! Of course, what stood out to me was the FOOD. The North End “Little Italy” in Boston had some amazing Italian restaurants that we were able to eat at – “Giacomo’s” and “Panza”. I can not even explain to you how good the food was – each had a long wait to be seated (they are very small and in high demand) and both of these restaurants were well worth it. I don’t even know which I enjoyed more, but I know I’d go back to Boston in a heartbeat just to eat that food again.
We also had a great time at the baseball game! I was very impressed by Fenway Park (as much as I hate to say it, being a Yankees fan and all) and enjoyed exploring the stadium that is so full of history and taking in my first ball game of the season…even if it was only 50 degrees!
Who else is constantly tempted to sneak some raw cookie dough when baking? I always give in to the temptation with the excuse of “taste testing”….sometimes even going back for a second taste, JUST to be sure. Come on, it’s the best part of the baking process and I think everyone on planet earth has to agree with that.
These no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars contain no eggs and are basically like eating chocolate and peanut butter-covered raw cookie dough. This dessert is basically a big ol’ slab of cookie dough topped with a delicious, rich layer of melted chocolate and peanut butter. You really can’t go wrong with the trio of peanut butter, chocolate, and cookie dough, am I right?
These bars are best kept refrigerated. I let mine sit out for 5-10 to soften up a little before I cut into them to make it easier. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until it is fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and alternate the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper. It will be sticky so lightly flour your hands if needed.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make the topping, combine the peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour and spread over the top of the chilled dough and chill for at least 1 hour until firm.
- Let sit out for 5-10 minutes to soften before cutting into.
Recipe source: adapted from lifessimplemeasures.blogspot.com