Chili Cheese Dog Wreath Dip appetizer recipe combines a cheesy, chili dip surrounded by perfectly baked pigs in a blanket for a show-stopping dip at your next party or Super Bowl!
Just when you thought a dip loaded with cheese couldn’t get any better, I went and made a chili cheese dog wreath dip. I debated on what to call this dip as “chili cheese dog dip” seemed to sound like there would be the little hot dogs mixed right into a chili dip. I added the word “wreath” since the pigs in a blanket surround the chili cheese dip and are there to be the amazing little “dippers”. The presentation on this bad boy is just so cool!
This chili cheese dog wreath dip really turned out to be everything I hoped it would be and more.
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
So, now do you know what you’re making for the big game? This will be your new Super Bowl party favorite or just an every day snack (well, maybe not EVERY day as it’s kind of a calorie bomb). You can dip the pigs in a blanket in the dip or use crackers, Fritos, chips, whatever your little heart desires! Go for the total indulgence for the big game – you and your party guests deserve it. Here is a collection of dip recipes for your viewing pleasure! I also have a Crock Pot Chili Queso Dip that you are sure to enjoy.
I made step-by-step Facebook video to show you how to make this dip for you visual learners out there!
- 1 tube Crescent Roll dough
- 1 package cocktail wieners (I used Zweigle's)
- olive oil (for brushing the tops)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can chili (with or without beans)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unroll Crescent roll dough and cut each triangle into three even slices/triangles.
- Take a cocktail wiener and roll up in one of the slices of dough to form each "Pig in a Blanket".
- Set each Pig in a Blanket next to each other in a skillet, pie pan, or shallow baking dish, forming the circular wreath shape. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of each one lightly with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese, chili and cheese. Pour mixture evenly into center of wreath.
- Sprinkle the top of the dip (not the pigs in a blanket) with plenty of extra cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is bubbly and the cheese has fully melted. Serve warm!
Recipe source: slightly adapted from delish.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!