These delicious Baked Chicken Fajita Dippers make a great party appetizer, especially for a Mexican-themed meal. They are best when you dip them in salsa or guacamole.
Oh hey! How was your weekend? Mine was beautiful: filled with tons of sunshine, my very first silent/live auction and oh-so-fun baby showers. LOTS of babies happening lately around me and everyone is due around the same exact time. Hooray for babies! Mr. Wishes, my very helpful mother-in-law, and I were able to squeeze in several hours of yard work thanks to this nice weather we are having lately. We put a nice dent in the landscaping work that we need to do around our new patio. We are planting some tall bushes around the campfire circle to give us a little privacy from the neighbors and the road behind our house – it’s really coming along! Oh and I have to remark about the auction we went to: we got to get dressed up all fancy and go to a nice dinner where there were items to bid on for the silent auction…and then comes the fun part – the LIVE auction! It was so much fun to be a part of and watch the bidding happening live. It’s so exciting. I know, I’m a huge dork.
OK, so I rarely get extremely excited about sharing a certain recipe with you all. I mean, don’t get me wrong – every recipe I share I think is well worth that share and if it makes it on the blog, that means I very much enjoyed eating it. But THIS one, my friends, is just in a league of it’s own. I loved loved loved this unique take on the normal “chicken fajita” turned into chicken fajita dippers and just know you will think they are phenomenal. You can really make a meal out of these, which I did, but I think they would be just as fun – if not more fun – as an appetizer at a party. Football Sundays, anyone?
Oh, and by the way, I just boil the chicken and then shred it once it’s cooked. You could also use leftover plain grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken for this recipe. I served these with delicious side of homemade guacamole to dip them in and it really can’t get any better than that. Make these fajita dippers. That’s an order. The end.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Pinch brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- About 12 small (fajita-sized) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 415 F. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, warm olive oil.
- Add diced pepper and onion, and cook until veggies are soft.
- Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add taco seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in lime juice and brown sugar.
- Add chicken, and stir to combine.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Lay tortillas out flat.
- Add about 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons of filling to the outer third of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken filling.
- Tuck the top and bottom in, and roll tortilla up.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly mist tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a little bit crisp.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa, or your favorite dipping sauces.
Recipe source: adapted from ihearteating.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!