A great tasting healthy smoothie made with fruits and vegetables. This smoothie recipe is so tasty that kids (or adults) will not even know it’s good for them.
I thought sharing a healthy smoothie/drink recipe was totally appropriate today as I’m in the midst of attempt #3 at a juicing cleanse. I tell you, I am not cut out for this. Especially since my blogging “job” entails hours a day staring at food pictures and/or reading about food in one form or another. So this is me being selfish and posting something where it’s not absolute torture to write about or look at Need. Solid. Food. Now. Seriously though, I’m really hoping I can do it this time. Day 1 is complete and I’m not feeling uncontrollably hungry yet. In the past, I haven’t been able to go longer than one day. #willpower.
This healthy and refreshing smoothie drink is super delicious any time, but I definitely thought it made for a great energy boost in the afternoon! Don’t let the orange color fool you if that’s not your thing (personally, I like crazy-colored drinks) – this particular smoothie tastes sweet and not like vegetables at all!
Tasty, healthy & delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped/shredded carrot
- ½ large banana
- Place the pineapple, ice, orange juice, carrot, and banana in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. Add more juice if too thick.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!