A great tasting healthy smoothie made with fruits and vegetables. This smoothie recipe is so tasty that kids (or adults) will not even know it’s good for them.
I thought sharing a healthy smoothie/drink recipe was totally appropriate today as I’m in the midst of attempt #3 at a juicing cleanse. I tell you, I am not cut out for this. Especially since my blogging “job” entails hours a day staring at food pictures and/or reading about food in one form or another. So this is me being selfish and posting something where it’s not absolute torture to write about or look at 🙂 Need. Solid. Food. Now. Seriously though, I’m really hoping I can do it this time. Day 1 is complete and I’m not feeling uncontrollably hungry yet. In the past, I haven’t been able to go longer than one day. #willpower.
This healthy and refreshing smoothie drink is super delicious any time, but I definitely thought it made for a great energy boost in the afternoon! Don’t let the orange color fool you if that’s not your thing (personally, I like crazy-colored drinks) – this particular smoothie tastes sweet and not like vegetables at all!
Tasty, healthy & delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped/shredded carrot
- ½ large banana
- Place the pineapple, ice, orange juice, carrot, and banana in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. Add more juice if too thick.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!