Brownie Brittle Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits made with chocolate chip Brownie Brittle for a rich, decadent dessert recipe idea for the chocolate lover in your life.
UPDATE: The winner of the Brownie Brittle is:
#35 – Lisa: “I am an e-mail subscriber.”
Congratulations, Lisa! Thank you to everyone who entered.
I went to my first food bloggers’ conference in Miami back in may through BlogHer and had the best time and made SO many new friends. It was cool being around hundreds and hundreds of other people who are just as
obsessed passionate about food and in the same field of “work”. I say “work” in quotes because this has never felt like a job to me but more of a fun hobby for the past 3 years.
There was a sponsor with a booth set up at the conference with a sign for this Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle. I had never heard of it before but was immediately intrigued. I happened to have my hubby with me at the time and they offered both of us samples. It was love at first site. I knew right away that I had to get the word out on this deliciousness as soon as I can. I was happy when the kind people at Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle reached out to me a few weeks after the conference asking if I wanted to do a giveaway on my blog. Of course, I said “yes”
I was sent a sampler pack to try. Their flavors are: Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip, Toffee Crunch and Salted Caramel – all of which I’m giving away today! My favorite was the salted caramel and my hubby’s favorite was the mint chocolate chip (which is surprising because normally neither of us are too keen on mint.) They are all absolutely delicious! The salted caramel had just enough salt and sweet. The Mint Chocolate Chip actually has a similar taste to an Andes dinner mint.
The brownie brittle is made with natural ingredients and is just like having a whole bag of crispy brownie edges, without having to bake! You get a great brownie flavor with the crunch of a cookie. I give this product a big thumbs up and you will too.
You will just die over these parfaits. In my opinion, the ideal dessert combines the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter so when I came up with this rich parfait treat I knew it was going to be good. They are amazingly good and a great after-dinner dessert to serve to company because they look all fancy with those layers and all! The Brownie Brittle made a great “crust” to these parfaits and I think you will agree. The more chocolate, the better, right?! Scroll down to get the recipe and enter the giveaway!
- 1 - 4 oz. bag Sheila G's Brownie Brittle, crushed, flavor of choice (can use graham crackers if you can't get Brownie Brittle)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub of whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk
- Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix together until combined (mixture will be thick).
- Stir in the whipped topping. Save about a cup to add on top at the end (this is optional). You can also added more crushed Brownie Brittle to the top. Up to you.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, add the milk and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals stirring after each cycle until chocolate is completely melted. (About 1 minute 30 seconds).
- Start with a layer of crumbled Brownie Brittle.
- Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture (I used a piping bag to make it easier and less messy.)
- Add a layer of the chocolate ganache.
- Add a layer of whipped topping (I did this with a spoon).
- Repeat layers enough times to use up all of the ingredients evenly.
- Top with whipped topping (optional) and a piece of Brownie Brittle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Thanks to Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader will win 4 bags of this Brittle (pictured above)! Many thanks to them for providing the review and giveaway product. Giveaway is open to U.S. readers.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
“Which kind of brownie brittle would you try first?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Subscribe to Wishes and Dishes by email.. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment on this post.
2. Follow @wishesndishes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Become a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
5. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle gave me these products and is also mailing them out to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own, as always.- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!