Crispy Almond Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders with Mango Honey Dip recipe is a fun and tasty way to prepare chicken tenders! You will love the sweet dipping sauce!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combination of almonds and coconut. These Almond Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders are a totally fun meal to make in the summer or for back-to-school time when you’re short on time (or have picky kids). I breaded the chicken in the almond/coconut mixture and it took chicken tenders from zero to hero in no time at all. The sauce? You’re gonna want to eat it with a spoon! The flavors here will absolutely be a party in your mouth. Savory chicken tenders with a sweet sauce has always been a favorite flavor pairing of mine. Have you tried my Curried Coconut Chicken yet?
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
Feel free to substitute cashews for almonds (like the original recipe linked to below) or tone down the heat by reducing the amount of red chili flakes and cayenne pepper. Not that the chicken or the sauce is necessarily spicy, but it has a little bit of a kick to it which I prefer for enhanced flavor. If you have little kids or “super tasters” (:::::::::cough::::::::: Mr. Wishes) in your household, they may notice it more than the average person would.
Definitely give these Almond Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders a try soon! It’s one of my new favorite meals that seems super fancy but is so easy. Another great summer chicken dish is my Grilled Chicken Fresco Tacos. A great side dish to go with these chicken tenders? My delicious Thai Sticky Rice. Enjoy!
- 12 chicken tenders (about 2 pounds)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 mangos, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes (reduce for a milder sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add almonds and coconut flakes to powerful blender or food processor and process until almonds are crumbs, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add almonds/coconut, bread crumbs, spices for the chicken tenders and brown sugar to a shallow dish (such as a pie dish) and mix well.
- Place the flour in a different shallow dish.
- Whisk the egg with the lime juice in another shallow dish until well incorporated.
- Pick up one chicken tender at a time, dredge in flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat in the coconut/cashew/panko mixture as the final step. Press mixture into chicken with your fingers to make sure the coating sticks to the chicken.
- Place chicken tenders on a foil-lined baking sheet with a baking rack on top that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray for extra crispiness, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Turn oven to broil until coconut is nicely golden, and panko crisp, but still light in color. Keep a good eye on it during this step to prevent burning.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and and process until smooth. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from carlsbadcravings.com