This is a copy-cat recipe for the Bang Bang Chicken from The Cheesecake Factory. Tasty, creamy, comforting, sweet and spicy dish takes only 30 minutes to prepare!
How could anyone not love a recipe named “Bang Bang Chicken”? That’s what I thought when I originally heard of it. I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor day weekend and enjoyed the extra day off if you were lucky enough to have the day free. What am I up to this week you ask? Oh, you didn’t ask?! Well, I’m going to tell you whether you like it or not. I am in Orlando vacationing with Mr. Wishes on a spontaneous/surprise/super exciting trip that he decided to take me on. We went to NYC to see all my favorite broadway shows over the weekend and flew to Orlando Monday night. Spontaneity is our livelihood and I’m loving every minute of it. Can someone say DISNEY WORLD?! Yeah, it’s pretty much my favorite place on earth. The five year old inside of me is very happy right now 🙂
Have you ever had the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp at the Cheesecake factory? This tastes a lot like it and is easy and crazy delicious! It is a somewhat spicy Thai Dish flavored with curry, peanuts, chile and coconut and sautéed with veggies, all served over white rice. And we all know THAI is one of my obsessions. Honestly, I’ve never had a dish I didn’t like at that restaurant, no matter what the cuisine, but this was one of my favorites which is why I was excited to be able to enjoy a good-‘ol version of it at home. Now get in the kitchen and “bang” this out (I’m so funny)! You only need a half hour of slaving away in the kitchen to get this beauty on the table – you won’t be disappointed.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- peanuts and toasted coconut for garnish, optional
- brown or white rice for serving
- In a large pot or deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken and cook 2 minutes or until mostly cooked thoroughly.
- Add in carrot and onion and sauté five minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook another minute. Add in chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. It is OK that the liquid doesn't thicken much.
- Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar and spices. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in heavy cream and peas. Cook another couple minutes until peas and cream are heated through and serve over rice.
- Top with peanuts and toasted coconut.
Recipe source: adapted from Laurenslatest.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!